Career and College Promise (CCP)
Roanoke-Chowan Community College’s Career and College Promise Program (CCP) was created in 2012 to provide seamless dual enrollment opportunities for eligible North Carolina high school students to accelerate completion of college certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees that lead to college transfer or provide entry-level job skills. CCP replaces all earlier dual-enrollment programs, including Huskins, and Learn and Earn.
CCP offers the following pathways for high school students:
College Transfer Pathway:
If you are a junior or senior planning to attend a four-year college after high school, this pathway will allow you to complete some of the core general education classes required during the first two years of a four-year degree.
- Business and Economics P1010B
- Engineering and Mathematics P1040B
- Humanities and Social Science P1010A
- Life and Health Sciences P10140A
Career and Technical Pathway:
If you are a junior or senior in a career cluster program at your high school, this pathway will give you the opportunity to enroll in Certificate or Diploma Programs that align with your high school program.
- Building Construction Technology Certificate C35140H
- CIT Basics Certificate C25260B
- Heat Pump Certificate C35100A
- HVAR-Certificate C35100B
- Medical Office Administration Receptionist Certificate C25310
- Office Administration Technology Certificate C25370
- Plumbing Certificate C35300H
- Web/Security Certificate C25260D
- Welding Certificate C50420H
- Cosmetology Diploma D55140
- Welding Technology Diploma D50420H
Cooperative Innovative High School (Early College) Pathway:
Designed for motivated students looking for a non-traditional high school experience, this pathway allows rising ninth graders the opportunity to earn their high school diplomas and two years of college credit within five years.
How to Apply:
- Complete R-CCC’s application for admissions either by download here or online
- Complete the Eligibility Verification Form
- Complete the Student Registration Form. The guidance counselor will assist you with your class registration.
- Provide an official copy of high school transcript
- Provide an official copy of assessment scores (unless posted on high school transcript)
Students select a pathway and then take only the courses within that pathway, as required by the program legislation. Depending on their eligibility, students may enroll in two pathways at the same time, or change pathways by completing a program change form. Click here to download the Program Change Form.
Specific operating procedures may be viewed here: http://www.nccommunitycolleges.edu/programs/docs/CCP/CCP_Operating_Procedures_03-19-2012.pdf
Interested students should check with their high school counselor or career development coordinator (CDC) to verify eligibility.
|College Readiness* Benchmarks on Approved Diagnostic Assessment Test|
(NCCCS Cut Score)
(NCCCS Cut Score)
(NCCCS Cut Score)
|English||15||49||41 Writing||70 Writing||86 Sentence Skills|
|Reading||17||50||41 Reading||81 Reading||80 Reading|
|Mathematics||19||50||41 Numerical Skills and
41 Int. Algebra
|47 Pre-Algebra and
|55 Arithmetic and
75 Elem. Algebra
|In addition to the diagnostic assessments, colleges may use the following SAT and ACT scores recommended by the testing companies as benchmarks for college readiness:*|
|*To be eligible for enrollment in a College Transfer Pathway, students must demonstrate college readiness in English, reading and mathematics on an approved test.
**PLAN and PSAT scores recommended by ACT and College Board as indicators of college readiness.
For Additional Information, please call Amy Wiggins at 252-862-1225.