Presidential Profile and Application Procedures
The Roanoke-Chowan Community College Board of Trustees invites applications and nominations for the position of President.
Roanoke-Chowan Community College is a comprehensive rural two-year public institution located in Northeastern NC, where it serves a diverse student population and is student centered. Ahoskie, NC is located approximately one-hour from the beautiful North Carolina coast and is also a short distance from the Norfolk, VA airport.
Roanoke-Chowan Community College has a strong tradition of building from the past and improving the present as it moves toward meeting the needs of tomorrow. While the College is proud of its past, it realizes that its longevity is merely a stepping stone to the future.
The President of Roanoke-Chowan Community College will be a visible, dynamic and experienced leader committed to addressing the following opportunities and challenges:
Challenges and Opportunities
The President of Roanoke-Chowan Community College will be a leader committed to addressing the following opportunities and challenges:
- To continue to invest in the tradition of quality and academic excellence while supporting innovative approaches for increased student success.
- To effectively promote the College and improve its visibility resulting in increased student enrollment
- To increase the number of articulation agreements with other colleges and universities.
- To build bridges with local business, foster existing relationships, and develop partnerships with business and industry to address local workforce needs.
Ideal Leadership Qualities and Characteristics
Roanoke-Chowan Community College seeks an experienced and visionary leader who embraces the community college mission and is:
- A student-centered leader who embraces the community college mission.
- A collaborative leader who displays exceptional personal commitment, is people-focused and has the ability to establish a strong rapport with all constituency groups.
- An effective leader who demonstrates successful and comprehensive oversight over all college operations.
- An integral and visible member of the community who will actively engage with local and regional business and industry.
- A creative fundraiser who is experienced working with foundations.
- A problem solver who embraces a broad range of learning styles.
- A fiscal steward who has experience working with large and complex budgets.
- A technologically savvy individual capable of prioritizing technology needs.
- An understanding of and commitment to supporting diversity.
- A manager who will attract and retain quality educators and administrators.
- An academic leader who is committed to student success, academic excellence and possesses a comprehensive understanding of the educational accreditation processes.
- An experienced manager who will improve facilities and build new buildings.
- An advocate who is willing to listen and engage with students.
- A superior team builder and healer who builds relationships and creates buy-in among College and community constituencies.
- A sophisticated, adaptable and astute community leader who will serve as an ambassador and liaison to the community and become a civic-minded leader.
- A decisive leader who builds trust, displays transparency in the decision-making process and will exercise superb independent judgment.
- A dynamic communicator, eloquent speaker and excellent listener who will openly communicate directly with faculty, staff and students.
- A friendly individual with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- A proven administrator who will work closely and effectively with a committed board of trustees.
- Earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution.
- Senior level administrative experience in higher education.
Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The target date for applications is: Monday, March 4, 2013. This is a confidential search process.
To apply, please submit these four (4) separate documents:
- A letter of application that succinctly addresses the opportunities and challenges identified and how your experience and professional qualifications prepare you to serve the needs of R-CCC (not to exceed 5 pages).
- A current resume including an email address and cellular telephone number.
- A reference list with the names, home and business telephone numbers, and email addresses of eight references: three supervisors (one board member), two direct reports and three faculty members from current or former institutions.
- Candidate Summary Sheet which is a brief synopsis of your professional career. You can download the template for this form here.
These four (4) documents will be the only application information presented to the Board of Trustees
To apply go to http://acctsearches.org
In addition to your electronic application materials, a paper copy must be mailed to:
R-CCC – Presidential Search
ATTN: Dr. Narcisa Polonio
1233 20th Street, NW, Suite 301
Washington, DC 20036
For additional information, nominations or confidential inquiries, contact:
- Dr. Narcisa Polonio, ACCT, Vice President for Education, Research and Board Leadership Services, firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-276-1983 (mobile)
- Julie Golder Alion, J.D., Board Services Coordinator, email@example.com or 202-775-4466