What is the ARC?
The ARC is a center designed to promote and enhance faculty, staff, and student engagement. In this student centered learning environment, students will receive academic support to help them reach their academic potential. The ARC is comprised of a team of faculty, staff, and advanced students who provide a variety of services to help students reach their academic goals. It is a place for students to go when they need assistance with their academic studies. Students can receive academic tutoring, training, and advising services. Approximately 10 computers are available in the ARC for student use.
A Career Coach will be available in the ARC. Students who need guidance with identifying a specific career path, primary work interests, or need career counseling can receive assistance in these areas. Additionally, online career planning and success resources are available in the ARC.
A variety of academic resources are available in the ARC as well. Students may access online resources that help them prepare for various tests and improve study skills. Many of the online resources provide assistance with course-specific content.
Who can use the ARC?
The ARC is open to all Roanoke-Chowan Community College students
Where is the ARC?
The ARC is located in the Jernigan Building room 135.
When is the ARC open?
The ARC will open on January 6, 2015. The hours of operation are 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday- Friday and 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Monday – Thursday.
What Services are available in the ARC?
- Tutoring/Academic Discussion
- Each faculty member will spend a portion of his or her weekly scheduled office hours in the ARC. This provides an opportunity for faculty to meet with students one-on-one or in small groups to provide tutoring or to have expanded discussion of classroom topics.
- Peer-tutoring services may be provided by peers who have been identified and recommended by faculty as having advanced skills in specific areas.
- Academic Planning
- Students may come to the ARC to work with a faculty or staff member in the ARC to acquire assistance in planning their schedules.
- Career Services
- Cover Letter Writing
- Career Assessment
- Career/College Exploration
- Registration Assistance