ADN Admission Steps
For those who are interested in nursing please click here for a helpful power point about the administration process.
BEFORE applying to the ADN program you MUST:
- Apply to Roanoke Chowan Community College.
- Have completed BIO 090/094, CHM 094 or higher, or high school biology and chemistry within the past 5 years with a grade of “C” or higher. ENG 095 and MAT 070 must have been completed with a “C” or higher or have been comparable test scores.
- Possess a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or better on all prior course work, excluding developmental courses, ACA courses, and PE courses over the past 4 semesters.
- All transcripts must be submitted to the Registrar for evaluation.
- During the open application period, apply to the Nursing Program. One Nursing Application goes to the Nursing Department.
- Go to website www.ATItesting.com for information on how to prepare for the entrance examination TEST OF ESSENTIAL ACCADEMIC SKILLS (TEAS).
- Complete a course for Certified Nurse Aid I and become registered with the NC Division of Health Service Regulation Registry.
- Complete a course in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) at the Health Care Provider Level C.
- After the Nursing Department receives confirmation from the Registrar’s Office regarding your GPA, you will be notified to make an appointment for the TEAS test. Call the testing center at 862-1238.*
- Your receipt from the Business Office must be presented to the Testing Center on the day of your TEAS Test.
- Take the TEAS Test. Standards for admission are based on scores provided by ATI.
- The Admissions Committee will convene to review applications for admission. Thereafter, you will receive a letter stating your admission status (alternate admissions list or denial) or a letter of conditional acceptance with a copy of your Health Profile Forms and directions about what your Health Care Provider must complete on the forms.
- Submit your Health Profile Forms with your immunization record to the Nursing Department.
- After review of all admission requirements by the Nursing Department, you will receive a letter of unconditional acceptance into the Nursing Program and information about the Orientation Day for New Nursing Students, uniform fittings, supplies, and book lists these will cost upwards of $250-300.
- Prior to attending clinical, you must complete a Criminal Background Check at www.CertifiedBackground.com program code RF93 at a cost of $25. Please review your criminal status before applying to the ADN program.
*ONLY THOSE INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE APPLIED TO THE ADN PROGRAM, HAVE A 2.5 GPA, AND HAVE COMPLETED PREREQUISITES MAY TAKE THE TEAS TEST AT RCCC.