ADN Admission Steps
For those who are interested in nursing please for a helpful power point about the administration process.
BEFORE applying to the ADN program you MUST:
- Apply to Roanoke-Chowan Community College.
- Students must complete DRE and DMA courses with a grade of a “P”.
- Proficiency in math as evidenced by completion of DMA 50 with a grade of P, or by placement test exemption
- Possess a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 or better on all prior course work, excluding developmental courses ACA courses, and PE courses over the past 3 semesters.
- Complete an Application for Admission to Roanoke-Chowan Community College (R-CCC)either online by visiting the R-CCC website at or in person from the office of Admissions or by mail request to Admissions Office, Roanoke-Chowan Community College, 109 Community College Road, Ahoskie, NC 27910.
- Request and submit official transcriptsfrom high school or Adult High School Diploma/GED certificate and all colleges/universities attended to Student Development Services, Roanoke-Chowan Community College,109 Community College Road, Ahoskie, NC 27910.
- GPA (Grade point average requirement): Applicant must have a minimum cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of 8 or higher on the most recent three academic semesters (minimum of 12 college credit hours) of coursework. The GPA calculations will omit grades from developmental courses, ACA courses and PE courses.
- Applicant must complete the Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program Application and submit a copy by postal mail postmarked on or before February 1, no exceptions granted. Mail to ATTN: Admissions, Roanoke-Chowan Community College, 109 Community College Road, Ahoskie, NC 27910. Must include e, f, and g in your application packet.
- Applicant must be listed as a Certified Nurse Aid with the NC Division of Health Service Regulation Registry at time of application.
- Applicant must submit evidence of cardiopulmonary certification (CPR) at the Health Care Provider Level (American Heart Association) at time of application.
- Completed Health Form:and submit a completed North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) Health Examination Form at time of application.
- Conditional Letter, Permission to take Kaplan Entrance Exam: After the qualifying 8 GPA has been confirmed by the Registrar’s Office, the Kaplan Entrance Examination for the ADN Program must be taken.
- Applicants seeking admission must complete ALL of the above minimum admission requirements. Completion of the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the nursing program.
Prior to attending clinical, you must complete a Criminal Background Check. You will receive further instructions regarding this process once admitted to the nursing program. Please review your criminal status before applying to the ADN program.