What is Campus Conversations?
Campus Conversations is a monthly meeting for the college student body that is held by President, Dr. Jimmy T. Tate. The first meeting was held on February 22. Please visit this page for regular updates regarding the meeting outcomes and schedule.
Next meeting: March 28 at 11:00 a.m. in the cafeteria located in the Student Services Building.
Question: How can we improve the College?
- Purchase new furniture for the student lounge.
- Dr. Tate shared that the College has been awarded $6.3 million bond referendum for some of these needs and the campus community should see some of these improvements in the near future.
- Have more clubs, sports, and student organizations.
- SGA President, Dezimber Sawyer shared that the College has several student clubs and organizations. A list of the clubs can be found on the College’s website at Clubs and Organizations (https://www.roanokechowan.edu/welcome-to-student-activities/clubs-and-organizations) page. Ms. Saxby, Recruitment and Retention Specilaist shared that the college is hosting the “Three On Three” intramural basketball games that will begin in April.
- More security is needed on campus.
- Dr. Tate acknowledged this need and is addressing it with Campus Security.