Career Technical Pathway

Print this Page

Career Technical Pathways

Diploma Programs:

Certificate Programs:

Career Technical Education Pathways provide tuition-free course credits at an NC Community College toward a job credential, certificate or diploma in a technical career.

To be eligible for enrollment, a high school student must meet all of the following criteria:

  • Be a high school junior or senior;
  • Have a weighted GPA of 3.0 on high school courses or have the recommendation of the high school principal or his/her designee; and
  • Meet the prerequisites for the career pathway.

To maintain eligibility for continued enrollment, a student must

  • Continue to make progress toward high school graduation, and
  • Maintain a 2.0 in college coursework after completing two courses.
  • A student who falls below a 2.0 GPA after completing two college courses will be subject to the college’s policy for satisfactory academic progress.

College Career Technical Education courses may be used to provide partial or full fulfillment of a four-unit career cluster. Where possible, students should be granted articulated credit based on the local or state North Carolina High School to Community College articulation agreement.

A student must enroll in one program of study and may not substitute courses in one program for courses in another.

Effective 2013 fall semester, a student may concurrently enroll in two Career Technical Education programs of study provided the exception has been approved by the college’s Chief Academic Officer or his/her designee.

The student may change his or her program of study major with approval of the high school principal or his/her designee and the college’s chief student development administrator.  Click here to download the Program Change Form.

  • Complete R-CCC’s application for admissions either by download here or online
  • Complete the Eligibility Verification Form
  • Complete the Student Registration Form.  The guidance counselor will assist you with your class registration.
  • Provide an official copy of high school transcript
  • Provide an official copy of assessment scores (unless posted on high school transcript)