GENERAL DESCRIPTION Job Summary
Roanoke-Chowan Community College is currently seeking a Part-time Computer Instructor at Odom Correctional Institute. This position is responsible for teaching day classes using a variety of teaching methods involving both lecture and hands-on lab instruction. The part-time instructor is responsible for teaching course content, preparing, and keeping appropriate records and syllabi for all assigned courses. Each part-time instructor will provide effective instruction in all classes by implementing active learning strategies and focusing on student learning outcomes.
QUALIFICATIONS Education & Experience
Associate Degree in computers, information systems, information technology or related field. Degrees and hours must be from a regionally accredited college or university. Two years of related work experience. Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in computers or related field. Degrees and hours must be from a regionally accredited college or university. Two years of related work experience in the field and/or teaching experience.
- Ability to teach Microsoft Office Applications – Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to relate to people from differing educational, economic and social backgrounds.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 20 pounds frequently as needed to move objects and materials.
- Must receive clearance from the Department of Public Safety to work at the facility.
- Must comply with the rules and regulations of the correctional facility and participate in annual PREA training.