- Outlook or Office 365
- Computer Issues (Only with R-CCC owned computers)
- Internet Connection (Only with R-CCC owned computers)
- Installing software in certain computer labs and classrooms.
- Telephone Issues (Office and classroom phones only)
- And more….
Please provide a minimum of 72 hours notification for implementing new projects. All new or anticipated IT needs by the faculty and staff should be scheduled as far ahead of time as possible. HelpDesk break/fixes should be addressed within a 72 hour time frame after the user reports the problem to the helpdesk via firstname.lastname@example.org, some incidents may require longer, but the affected users will be kept abreast of the resolution status.
Submitting your ticket via email does a number of things:
1. It ensures your ticket or issue is recorded.
2. Allows the I.T. Department to maintain a record of issues and see trends.
3. Provides you the ability to submit issues at any time.
Ask a co‐worker to submit your request if your email is not functioning. The I.T. Department is involved in many projects. It is essential that we work tickets in a scheduled format. Walk up’s, stopping us in the hallway or phone in’s expecting immediate support may be diverting Department resources from issues that may affect more than just one person. Please allow us to organize work orders/prioritize responses and research problems/issues as needed based on the level of severity. Our order of response is based on many different criteria.
Some examples are:
- Is it preventing a class from being taught?
- Is it affecting more than one person?
- Does it prevent the College from doing business?
- Can the end‐user still function by using a work‐around?
All of these conditions and many other factors help us in the scheduling and prioritizing of Helpdesk tickets.
Please help us by using the Email process.
Go to the following link for more information:
*For moodle and Waves email (Gmail) related problems, please contact Melanie Temple at: email@example.com
Information For Adjuncts
For Your Information (Opens a PDF) from the IT Departmemt