Forming a Club or Organization
In order for a club to be recognized by the Roanoke Chowan Community College Student Government Association there are a few documents that must be on file as well as rules to follow.
- Find at least 7 members who are currently enrolled at Roanoke- Chowan Community College and secure their names and signatures.
- Select an advisor. A full-time faculty or staff must advise all student organizations. If you need help finding an advisor contact the Office of Student Services.
- Develop a set of bylaws. Your bylaws are the guidelines by which your organization operates. This document should contain the following sections:
- Name of the organization
- Purpose of the organization
- Criteria for membership
- Officers of the organization and their responsibilities
- The Election process
- Meeting requirements
- Faculty/Staff Advisors
- Parliamentary Rules (if applicable)
- Membership fees (local, if applicable, regional, state and national)
- Process by which the bylaws may be amended
- Meet with interested students and elect/appoint officers
- Submit Update Form with roster and bylaws to Student Development Services
- All new student organizations must be approved by the Dean of Student Services