Successful applicant would teach day classes using a variety of teaching methods involving both lecture and hands-on lab instruction. The part-time instructor is responsible for teaching course content, preparing, and keeping appropriate records and syllabi for all assigned courses. Each part-time instructor will provide effective instruction in all classes by implementing active learning strategies and focusing on student learning outcomes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide classroom instruction to students through lecture, demonstration, laboratory exercises, handouts, responding to questions, and testing according to established meeting patterns.
- Assess student learning outcomes and demonstrate the use of the results to make improvements to course/program.
- Provide feedback to students regarding course progression.
- Record and maintain suitable class records which show student membership hours, attendance and grades in accordance with deadlines.
- Experiment with new, innovative teaching techniques.
- Administer and proctor the state licensure exam at the end of term.
- Inform the Associate Dean and the Odom Program Specialist of any student issues (academic, attendance, behavior, cheating, and plagiarism) as soon as possible.
Diploma in Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology or related mechanical/electrical field. Degrees and hours must be from a regionally accredited college or university. Two years of related work experience. Preferred: Associate degree in Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology or related mechanical/electrical field. Degrees and hours must be from a regionally accredited college or university. Teaching experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to relate to people from differing educational, economic and social backgrounds.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 20 pounds frequently as needed to move objects and materials.
- Must receive clearance from the Department of Public Safety to work at the facility.
- Must comply with the rules and regulations of the correctional facility and participate in annual PREA training.