Welcome to Roanoke-Chowan Community College and congratulations for choosing Roanoke-Chowan Community College as your institution of higher learning!
For 51 years, R-CCC has provided citizens of its service area affordable, quality education. Many leaders have contributed to the success the College enjoys today. As the ninth president of this great college, I am committed to the community and area business and industry to provide extensive career pathways that lead to increased economic development and, therefore, improve the quality of life of our citizens. I have a sincere passion to assist students in fulfilling their academic potential and ultimately reach their life long goals.
Roanoke-Chowan Community College offers courses and programs in curriculum and continuing education that exemplify the high academic standards required to meet the training needs of an emerging workforce. You can check out our programs online by visiting us at www.roanokechowan.edu/current-students/programs-of-study/, or you can visit our campus in person and speak to someone on our admissions team.
As proud as we are of our campus, we look forward to the changes the campus will undergo when the projects being funded by the Connect NC Bond, which was approved in March 2016, get underway. These projects include the construction of a new building and a greenhouse and renovation of all restroom facilities on campus, the Davis Center, and multiple classrooms/labs. Exciting changes are in store for R-CCC.
Roanoke-Chowan Community College is an exciting place and offers a positive learning atmosphere. Again, please call and make an appointment with our admissions team who will gladly meet with you to explain the many opportunities available to you.
In closing, I want you to take note and share with everyone with whom you come in contact several of R-CCC’s Points of Pride:
- R-CCC submitted its Fifth-Year Interim Report to Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges in September 2017 and continues to be accredited by the SACSCOC.
- R-CCC employees continuously seek grants to help fund activities, such as career expos, professional development training, speakers, a leadership academy, and summer enrichment camps.
- The first class of the Bertie County Criminal Justice Cadet Program graduated in May 2017, and the second cohort of this program is going strong with 16 new cadets enrolled.
- In 2017, the Early Childhood Education program earned National Association for the Education of Young Children accreditation, proving that our program meets national professional preparation standards for programs preparing early childhood educators.
- Faculty participated in program reviews to analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the college’s programs and have developed action plans for improving programs.
- The college’s newest program, Mechatronics Engineering Technology, begins in Fall 2018.
- The college has a 13:1 student-to-faculty ratio and a dedicated faculty and staff.
- Small class sizes at R-CCC allows for more one-on-one interaction between instructors and students.
- The TRIO program has been funded at R-CCC since 1978, serving 200 eligible students each year, with an 87% persistence rate among program participants from year to year.
- Seventy-eight percent of TRIO program participants are in good academic standing.
- Students who graduate from R-CCC’s Nursing program have high post-graduation employment rates.
- R-CCC provides customized training, education, and support services tailored to the needs of new, expanding, and existing business and industry.
- R-CCC provides a cost-free, no-obligation, professional consultation and review of local manufacturers’ training needs.
- R-CCC’s Continuing Education division provides convenient and affordable programs and courses designed to help individuals explore, grow, and succeed – personally and/or professionally.
- R-CCC is a military and veteran friendly institution providing assistance for active duty military, military veterans, active duty/veteran spouses, and dependent children.
- R-CCC’s Small Business Center helped its clients start 9 new businesses in FY-2016-2017, which subsequently created 25 new jobs, retained 3 jobs in existing businesses, and had an estimated local impact of $400,000 + in new revenue.
Again, welcome to Roanoke-Chowan Community College!
Stanley J. Elliott, Ph.D.
9th President of Roanoke-Chowan Community College