State Authorization

State Authorization is a legal issue dealing with a college’s adherence to state requirements for colleges to secure authorization to offer instruction in that state. Compliance with individual state requirements is now part of the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, Amended 2010.

State Authorization

Roanoke-Chowan Community College is authorized to offer distance learning courses to students throughout the country through participation in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity initiative.

The Student Grievance Contact Information for Individual States provides phone numbers, emails and/or links to state education agencies.

Student Complaint Information by State and Agency

NC-SARA State Portal Entities

North Carolina Business & Occupational License Database

Professional Licensure Disclosures

Certain Roanoke-Chowan Community College academic programs prepare students to sit for applicable licensure and/or certification examinations in North Carolina. In order to comply with the U.S. Department of Education regulations regarding distance education for professional licensure, Roanoke-Chowan Community College is required to make the following disclosure with respect to professional licensure or certification outside the state of North Carolina.

Students should contact the respective department at the College to discuss program enrollment and professional licensure options.

NC-SARA Professional Licensure Directory

R-CCC Student Grievance Procedure

Dean J. Darius Greene
Dean of Student Services
109 Community College Road Ahoskie, NC 27910

Dr. Crystal Ange
Interim Dean of Academic Affairs
109 Community College Road Ahoskie, NC 27910

R-CCC Student Grievance Procedure/Due Process
Student Formal Complaint Form

If a complaint cannot be resolved through the institution’s grievance procedures, students may file a complaint with the North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints unit. Please review the Student Complaint Policy (PDF), print and complete the Student Complaint Form and submit the complaint to:

North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints

c/o Student Complaints
University of North Carolina System Office
910 Raleigh Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27515-2688 (919) 962-1000

North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints


Roanoke-Chowan Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges

1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033
(404) 679-4500

If a student has evidence of an institution’s significant non-compliance with SACSCOC standards, policies, or procedures, the individual should inform SACSCOC using the Complaints Against Institutions: Information Sheet and Form as well as review complaint procedures.

State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement-North Carolina

For more information on the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement-North Carolina, visit SARA North Carolina’s site (, complaint process, and complaint form. A complaint may be filed with SARA-North Carolina as well.

Terrence R. Scarborough, M.P.A.
Director of SARA North Carolina
North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority
P.O. Box 14103
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
(855) SARA-1-NC (727-2162)
(919) 549-8614, ext.4667

© Copyright 2021. Roanoke-Chowan College. All rights reserved.
Website & Hosting by BlueTone Media