The college is now operating under summer hours. | Mon-Thurs 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. | Closed Fridays

Chat Chat Chat

High School Student Opportunities

Career and College Promise (CCP) provides a pathway for eligible students in North Carolina to begin their college coursework during high school. Students can accelerate their completion of college certificates, diplomas and associate degree pathways that lead to college transfer or provide entry-level job skills. Participating students can enroll in up to two pathways.

High school students interested in Career and College Promise should contact their guidance counselor or contact R-CCC Director of Admissions, Mrs. Shellie Saxby at 252-862-1248 for more information. 

What are the benefits of career & college promise?

  • Free Tuition & Fees
  • Transferability
  • Dual Credits
  • College Experience
  • Employable Skills

Getting Started

Work with your child’s high school counselor to determine eligibility for CCP. Students enrolled in home schools or other non-public high schools should contact RCCC recruiter at (252) 862-1200.

Additional Links

North Carolina Career and College Promise:
Here you will find information about the program operating procedures, Parent FAQs, and transfer pathways.

University Studies Transfer Resources:

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Who do I contact to get my grades?  

A: WebAdvisor contains all student grades from R-CCC.  

Q: Where do I locate my schedule?  

A: Schedules can be found by logging into WebAdvisor.  

Q: Do the courses within the College Transfer Pathways apply towards the general education requirements for a 4-year institution?  

A: Yes, all of the courses offered as a part of the College Transfer Pathways are part of the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement between the community colleges and all public institutions within the state of North Carolina, as well as many private/independent institutions. This means that all the courses in which a student earns a C or higher will transfer and count towards general education requirements.  

Q:  Can a student enroll in college classes outside of CCPP? 

A: No, except for some non-credit courses taken on a self-supporting basis, including safe driving courses. 

Q: After high school graduation can I transfer my college courses to another North Carolina community college?  

A: Yes, courses may be transferred between community colleges as long as the same programs of study are offered at each college.  

Q: What can parents do to support their students?  

A: Parents can encourage their students to maintain honest communication with the College staff, seek out academic assistance, practice good organization skills, attend all class meetings, and complete and submit all assignments.  

Q: What if high school classes are canceled or delayed and the College is not?  

A: Students should make every effort to safely attend their College classes when the College is open.  

Q: Who should I contact if I am having difficulty accessing my Moodle, WebAdvisor, or e-mail accounts?  

A: Contact the College's Distance Learning Director at for Moodle and email accounts. Email for issues logging on to WebAdvisor.  

Q: Do I have to purchase textbooks?  

A: CCP does not cover textbooks, however, some school systems provide books for their students. Contact your high school guidance counselor for more information. 

© Copyright 2023. Roanoke-Chowan College. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy
Website & Hosting by BlueTone Media