Office of the Registrar Graduation
Planning to complete your program requirements? Submit your online graduation application! Students completing graduation requirements for their program of study will need to submit a graduation application. To receive your degree, diploma, and/or certificate, all prospective graduates will need to complete a graduation application. Roanoke-Chowan Community College does not automatically grant award(s) upon completion of all program course requirements.
Get Ready for graduation:
- Meet with your program advisor to evaluate your program of study and register for any needed classes.
- Check your account for holds (fines, missing transcripts, etc.)
- Submit the online Graduation Application, available here.
Graduation Application Deadlines (2020-21)
November 6 for December completion (updated to December 10)
March 2 for May completion
May 10 for July completion
Mandatory Graduation Fee
There is a mandatory $50.00 graduation fee required for each graduate regardless if you participate in the commencement ceremony. This fee is added to your student account upon receipt of your graduation application and is used to cover costs associated with graduation. You may begin paying this fee in the Cashier Office, located in the Jernigan Building, beginning February 22 through April 23, 2021.
Note: There is a $5.00 fee for each additional award you request. The first award is included with the mandatory $50.00 fee.
Order Your Cap and Gown
- Participation in the graduation ceremony is optional. However, if you do plan to participate, you must purchase a cap and gown unit. A complete unit includes diploma jacket (covered with the mandatory fee), and cap, gown, and tassel.
- Visit the following website to place your order: https://roanokechowan.shopoakhalli.com. The site is open through April 16. This year there are two options available for delivery. You can have your merchandise shipped to your home (shipping fee applies) or to the college (no shipping cost). We will identify a date for pickup later.
Additional information regarding fees, regalia purchase, and other activities associated with graduation will be shared with you later. As always, you may contact the Records and Registration Office at (252)862-1200 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.